Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The flu and food...

Today I have a sweet boy with the stomach flu. And my stomach is feeling a tad odd too. I think we shall spend our day cuddling and watching movies and reading books. Hopefully everyone will be healthy soon!

But, speaking of the flu, that reminds me of food. Ok, no, that's gross. Anyway, I have been enjoying getting back into the normal swing of cooking and getting to start trying all the ten million recipes I bookmarked while I wasn't cooking excitingly at the end of my pregnancy.

I have two recipes to share...

Cheesy vegetable chowder. I love that this is the sort of soup that you can kind of just throw in whatever veggies you have around. It was good and it was even better leftover in my opinion. I don't know if the flavored had melded more or what. Note to those who are GF--I use GF flour in stuff like this all the time and it works fine!

Annnddd...

Slow cooker shredded beef tacos. These were amazing. The beef has the best flavor. A couple notes. One, I didn't do the whole browning-glazing-steps-on-the-stove part cause, well I didn't feel like it, especially having to wash more dishes and I sort of forgot to thaw the roast ahead so it was frozen solid. I just threw everything in the crockpot with the frozen roast and once the roast wasn't frozen, stirred everything around a bit. It worked great, I just cooked it about 8-9 hours. Also, I used two chipotle peppers and it had a nice little spice to it, but next time I'll use three or four cause we like a lot of spice!

So, go eat one of these, unless you have the flu like us, in which case I would probably not and I'm sorry.

No comments: