Wednesday, December 17, 2008

If you want a little chuckle...

Most blogs I read are those of people I know, or ones that have things that I find creative or inspiring. But there is one I read just because I find it amusing.

Cake Wrecks is a blog with cakes that were found at or received from bakeries that were unintentionally funny or strange or had terrible mistakes. Most are the result of the decorator mis-hearing or misunderstanding the person ordering. Or sometimes just being rather stupid. I find it quite funny and also get a bit worried about all the cake decorators out there. And, as someone who loved English in school, I love seeing all the humor that comes with misplaced commas and quotation marks. Like this...

And this one I loved, since I'm the daughter of a Texan who still speaks certain words with an accent.

The person asked for a black high heel. What they got was a black high hill. I can just hear them saying it.

So check it out to see more...the commentary the blogger gives on the cakes is always hilarious too!

2 comments:

Judy said...

I love that black hill one! It made me smile. :)

Christina said...

Ok Mindy, this site is FREAKING HILARIOUS!!!! I am literally sitting in my office with uncontrollable giggles! Thank goodness I have a door (maybe I should get up and close it).

Merry Christmas!