Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Liam Lately...

This poor child. I have barely written down a thing about him since he was born. Hopefully somewhere deep in the foggy depths of my forgetful mommy brain, I've managed to file away all the little baby details that I love to remember! Bummers is five months old now. That is impossible, yet true. Here he is on Easter, looking super fly.


He was rocking a very cute faux-hawk. Which I loved, unlike his brother's REAL mohawk that his daddy gave him last month when I was sick in bed.


Things got a little teary and then Jack got his first buzz cut. Poor kid never has any hair! But I still love Tyler. Back to Liam...


Little brother is starting to get all roll-y--mostly from his tummy to his back, sometimes the other way and sometimes he does a few in a row. He can sit by himself for about 2 seconds. His biggest mobile accomplishment is he can now scoot backwards and has traveled pretty far this way. He also is getting up on his hands and knees for a few seconds at a time. Oh, please no crawling yet! Stay my baby forever!

He is teething in a major way---drooling, fussing, chewing on anything he can get his mouth on. And he very firmly believes that he should sleep with Mommy still at night and can instantly wake from a dead sleep to loudly protest being put in his bed. We're working on that, though I am cherishing those snuggles, because I know this season is short!


He is really so very fun. He is a smiley, happy guy, unless we displease him or deny him something his little heart so very much desires--and then the fire comes out! He definitely has opinions! Most of all, he loves, loves his brother. If he is on the floor getting to play cars with Jack or sitting in his highchair at the table with Jack or anywhere where he feels like he's a part of what Jack is doing, he is super content and happy! He loves to bounce. If you hold him so he can stand, he just starts bouncing. Our little kangaroo. He wants to do all the big people things. He wants to play with iPhones and type on keyboards and play with Jack's bulldozers and drink out of my water bottle. He is mesmerized by screens, much more so than Jack even is now. (I guess he's Daddy's boy!) He likes to chat and coo and giggle. He loves the bath--he splashes and kicks his little legs. He found his toes the other day and likes to munch on them.

And I'm sure I'm forgetting things, but he is just so sweet and handsome and we all love him so very much!

2 comments:

The Troyer Family said...

I missed reading your blog and am very glad your back, if for a little while! ~Jen

Mindy said...

Thanks Jen!