Saturday, May 26, 2012

My little sis...

One week from today, my baby sister leaves to go live in Fiji for the next few months. Yes, she really is going to Fiji. I think it sounds weird because Fiji is one of those really random, faraway places you would tend to say if you were joking or exaggerating. And people like to tease her because a tropical paradise-type island doesn't exactly sound like the hardest of mission trip places. Way to serve God while hanging out on the beach, Jennifer. 

But, seriously, I am oh, so very proud of her and the woman she is growing to be. I know that God is going to use her trip in amazing ways in her life and the lives of those she meets! However, she is not allowed to meet or change the lives of any boys because Fiji is too expensive to visit like, ever. 

And man, I'm going to miss her! We hang out almost every day and have Tuesday night girls' nights and we run errands together and get together just to eat things and do so many things. I'm going to be quite lost without her. And Jack and Liam are too--especially Jack who loves his Nen. (Or Uncle Nonnifer, as I  encourage him to call her.) And even Tyler finds her pretty spiffy. Okay, very spiffy. We will all be counting the days until she is with us again!

One of her requests before leaving was to do a little photo shoot--she loves them! And I get to dress her up like I have a real live Barbie, so I love it too. Her friend Brooklyn came along with us and we just ran over to the park near our houses. The two parks closest to us are some of the prettiest parks ever, with the most amazing views. I love where we live! 

Here's some pictures...






















You wish you had her moves...




No comments: