Friday, June 15, 2012

Boys and trains and things...




Him. Could he BE any cuter? My sweetness is getting so big. He doesn't crawl-crawl, it's more of a crawl-scoot-worm combination, but he's getting wherever he wants to go. And he sits up by himself. Last night he was crying and I went in to find him sitting at the end of his crib, peeking through the bars.



And he's babbling. Yesterday he said "bwah!" I am pretty sure that is short for "beloved mother" and so I win the who's-name-will-he-say-first contest. He's so ticklish and giggly and he loves Florence and the Machine. Truly. He doesn't cuddle anymore unless he's eating or very sleepy. He pushes away from me to turn and see what is going on around him. He's going to be very busy very soon!




Today we went to the Colorado Railroad Museum with MB and her boys. When we were building our secret tree fort at age 12 and tried to trick my dad into deeding the property it was on to us so we could ban boys from it, I doubt we ever imagined that someday we'd be going to see trains with our 4 boys, age two and under.



But they are fun and they had fun and got very dirty--well the oldest two at least. Jack is napping very well after climbing up and down and running from train to train.



Jack is such a little boy. I love it. It makes me sad that he's getting so big, but he's so fun! He speaks pretty much like a regular person now and so we have conversations. He loves when I show him how to do things or explain something. And my newest favorite thing is that he sings. It's so funny--very loud and off-key, totally the kid that we always put far away from the microphones during kids choir, but he's two so I doubt his pitch problems are long-term. We sing at bedtime and so now after praying he launches right into song. So cute. He also has lots of his books memorized and so he "reads" them to us. It makes for a very cute bedtime routine between the reading and singing.

These boys are the best. I'm so glad they are mine!

No comments: